Wednesday, June 16, 2010

As A Salesman

My first job after finishing college was the challenging world of sales marketing. A newbie in the job, I had to undergo several trainings and workshop to fully understand it. But because I have that skill in English language, albeit not in excellence, it was easy for me to go with the flow of the nature and demand of the job. All what was needed is a strategy, prowess and articulation to convince people of the things you offer.

I was in money marketing, insurance, and the most challenging of it all, was the selling of air to clients. Mind you guys, selling air? You might ask what a unique business it was. But getting commercial advertisements for a broadcast radio station demands the eloquence to convince commercial establishments to advertise their products on air. I excelled this and pulled several ads for DXYZ, an AM station that was so popular in the early 80s, in Zamboanga City.

The fact that I sent my boss twice to free and sponsored vacations to Baguio city as a reward from the top management in the head office in Manila, for topping local sales among network stations of Nation Broadcasting Corporation, was a feat. This I owe to speaking a good English language that served as a tool to success.

So I urged those who still need to improve their speaking prowess to get a book entitled ENGLISH-MALAY-FILIPINO-TAUSUG: PLAIN AND SIMPLE to refresh their grammar and the opportunity to learn other foreign languages for those who already are good English language speakers and writers. We offer this as an ebook to non-residents of Philippines and a hard copy for those in PI (Philippine Island).

1 comment:

  1. Well, you have some exciting experiences. I did not know that.

    I agree language is important. Nice to have your book.

    ReplyDelete