Friday, June 18, 2010

As A Teacher-Instructor

Being an educator is rewarding, it is a profession that people take their hats off you because of the appreciation that you are an instrument in building a future generation of good citizens in the society.

Noble as it is, an educator produces professionals such as doctors, lawyers, engineers, journalists, military, politicians and all sorts of profession, although, in the process some might end up the opposite and become the maladies of the society.

Of course, this is not what an educator wants it to be. Probably fate takes its natural intervention on some un-blessed souls giving them the path of life unbecoming, aside from one’s gusto to be an opposite of the breed of good men and women in the society.

I was a teacher-instructor of an English language in two educational institutions (Zamboanga A.E. Colleges, Zamboanga City and Mindanao State University, Tawi-Tawi) in the early stage of my professional career. And I am proudly happy to have been part of a system that molded the exultant outcome of my former students, most of whom are now successful.

At the outset, my teaching which taught me more experiences and added my language proficiency did not end with my leaving institutional attachment, although, I have chosen another career -broadcasting/news papering – I still maintain this prestigious profession.

In 2006, the biggest break to my prowess in lingo came when a foreign-based language school tapped me to handle an immersion class on a southern language and its culture, in Manila. It was a small yearly class of one month until 2008, composed of foreign students with amazing package.

Among the package includes free hotel accommodation, airfare and a fabulous remuneration compared to half of the year earnings of an ordinary government employee. The class was a jolly experience with happy-go-lucky foreign professionals who studied language in the day and gigged in the nightlife of mega Manila, too.

The scheduled immersion class for June 2009 was definitely canceled for some reasons I did not know. I just hope another batch comes.

In a sense, knowledge of language, any of it, paves way for success. So why not learn any language and make it as bread and butter, impart and teach it for a living? It is a good option, you know! You can succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Abdel, we have similar backgrounds. I have been involved in education most of my working career. I have had teacher/administrator positions in each of the school sectors (Primary, Secondary and Special). Currently I am lecturing at two different tertiary institutes.
    Cheers Ian McKenzie
    My blog site is http://blog.21c.vg

    ReplyDelete